December 2017 – January 2018
Dying Dahlia Review is currently seeking volunteers to help grow our lovely little journal! If you aren’t already familiar with Dying Dahlia, please be sure to check out all of the website and our social media to get an idea of who we are, what we like and what makes us so darn lovable.
Being that this is a volunteer position, we can not offer any reimbursement. (We don’t get paid, so we can’t pay you.) However, you will be listed on the masthead, given a cool title, can use us for references (we write a wicked letter of reference) and if we ever meet (as this position will be done remotely in the comfort of your own home or coffee shop) we will buy you a cup of coffee or tea and a cookie. And if you don’t like sweets, you need not apply. We can’t trust someone who doesn’t like sweets. (Just kidding. Sort of…)
There are just a few things we are looking for in a Dying Dahlia volunteer…
- A lady (Sorry fellas. But this is a female-run women’s lit journal.)
- Familiarity with WordPress is a HUGE bonus
- Familiarity with all social media – Facebook & Twitter especially, but looking to branch out to others as well
- A kind, positive person. (While we understand everyone has their days, we want to work with people who are supportive, upbeat and eager to help out DDR. This is after all a labor of love.)
- Someone who loves poetry and lit by women writers
- Someone who has some free time. We know there might be someone out there who only has a few hours a week (maybe even only one a week) that would like to help us out. That’s fine. Just let us know how much time you got.
So what will a volunteer do? Glad you asked. Depending on the strengths of the volunteer we are looking for help with:
- Social media of all kinds*
- Outreach! – spreading the word, increasing submissions, etc.*
- Eventually reviewing submissions
- WordPress related stuff
If you are interested, send us an email at DyingDahliaReview@gmail.com and make sure to put in the subject line DDR VOLUNTEER. Be sure to tell us everything about yourself. You know, all the juicy gossip and deep dark secrets…. Again, just kidding. Just tell us what you think you can do to help DDR out, a little bit about your background, how much time you want to contribute, etc.
Look forward to hearing from you!